Orissa Public Service Commission invites Applications in the prescribed short form from eligible candidates for admission to the competitive examination consisting of three parts, viz - preliminary written examination, main written examination and interview to be conducted by the Orissa Public Service Commission under the provisions of the Orissa Superior Judicial Service & Orissa Judicial Service Rules, 2007 for recruitment to 49 posts of Civil Judges in Orissa Judicial Service under Law Department by direct recruitment.
Last Date to Receive Applications : 21st March , 2011 By 5:00 P.M.
Pay Scale : Rs. 27,700-770-33,090-920-40,450-1080-44,770/-, with usual Dearness Allowances and other allowances.
Age Limit : A candidate must not be below 23 (twenty-three) years of age and not above 35(thirty-five) years of age on the 1st August, 2011
Education Qualification :
A candidate must be a Graduate in Law of a University or Institution recognized by the Government.
A Superintendent or a Ministerial Officer in the High Court or any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or an Assistant Law Officer or Translator of the Law Department of Government, shall also be eligible for appearing at the Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Civil Judges in Orissa Judicial Service, if he/she is a Graduate in Law of a University recognized by the Government, has approved service in the High Court or in any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or in the Law Department of not less than seven years by the last date fixed for receipt of applications for the said Competitive Examination, has been recommended by the respective appointing authority; and is not more than thirty nine years of age on the 1st August, 2011. ‘Approved Service’ for this purpose means qualifying service as defined in the Orissa Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992.
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred) only either in shape of deposit of the amount in the Government Treasury under the Head “0051-PSC-105-State PSC - Examination Fee” or in the form of Crossed Indian Postal Order payable to the Secretary, Orissa Public Service Commission at General Post Office, Cuttack or Account Payee Bank Draft/Pay Order drawn in favour of the Secretary, Orissa Public Service Commission payable at any Scheduled Bank at Cuttack. Treasury Chalan with wrong mention of head of account or wrong mention of designation of the authority in the I.P.O./Bank Draft/Pay Order shall not be accepted. The Original Treasury Chalan/Postal Order/Bank Draft/Pay Order, as the case may be, must be sent to the Commission along with the short application. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes of Orissa only are exempted from payment of this fee.
How to Apply :
Application Form :
- Candidates are required to apply to the Secretary to the Commission in the prescribed short application form which, along with a brochure containing general instructions for filling up the form, a copy of long advertisement containing the details of the recruitment, an acknowledgement card and a special envelope for sending the short application to the Commission’s office, can be obtained from the Commission’s office on payment of cash of Rs.30/- (Rupees thirty) only between 11.00 A.M. & 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. & 4.00 P.M. on any working day or by speed post/registered post on remittance of Rs.70/- (Rupees seventy) only by money-order to the Secretary, Orissa Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001. Full address of the candidate, Advertisement Number & name of the Post/Service must be specified in the money-order coupon in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS;
- If money-order from any candidate for supply of prescribed application form is received in the office of the O.P.S.C. after the last date for receipt of applications, no application form will be supplied to such candidates;
- Candidates must follow instructions meticulously for filling up the short application form as enumerated in the brochure enclosed;
- Candidates are required to keep the short application form in the special envelope, supplied by the Commission’s office, after filling in the same.
- The candidates must take due care in handling and folding the short application form.
- Candidates are advised to send their applications in prescribed form by registered post/speed post/courier service to the Secretary, Orissa Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. They may also deliver their applications in closed covers personally at the Commission’s office Counter against proper acknowledgement receipt on or before the last date for receipt of application on working days between 10.30 A.M. & 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M & 5.00 P.M.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD VERIFY THE FOLLOWING BEFORE MAILING/SENDING THE APPLICATIONS:
- That you have used the Short application form purchased from the office of the O.P.S.C. only;
- That you have filled in all the relevant columns of the application form by blackening the appropriate circles by H.B. Pencil and also written the corresponding code(s) in the boxes. It may be carefully checked that there is no variation between the entries made by you by darkening the circles and those written in the accompanying boxes;
- That you have affixed your recent photograph in black and white (unsigned and unattested) in column-14 of the application form;
- That you have put your full signatures in the appropriate boxes against Columns 15 and 21 of the application form;
- That you have filled in the acknowledgement card (supplied along with the application form) and affixed postage stamp of Rs.6/- at the appropriate place of the card and inserted it into the special envelope meant for mailing your application to the Commission;
- That in case you are required to pay examination fee of Rs.100/-, the Original Treasury Chalan/Indian Postal Order/Bank Draft/Pay Order, as the case may be, should be accompanied with your application and inserted into the special envelope before sealing the envelope by gum for dispatch;
- That you have written the name of the examination, viz: “Orissa Judicial Service (Preliminary) Examination, 2011” on the special envelope meant for mailing of the application;
- The special envelope should contain only three things, viz :
(i) Application Form duly filled in, signed and photograph affixed;
(ii) Original Treasury Chalan; and
(iii) Acknowledgement Card duly filled in and affixed with postage stamp of Rs.6/- only. No other enclosure/documents/certificates should be attached thereof.
The aforesaid documents are not to be tagged/pinned/stitched to the short application form.
More Details & Downloads :
- Short Advertisement of Orissa Judicial Service Examination, 2011
- Long Advertisement of Orissa Judicial Service Examination, 2011
click g+ / +1 button to share.