Bank of Baroda is looking for young, qualified, mobile and active minds to be partners in the transformation programme of the Bank as Probationary Officers in Junior Management Grade / Scale-I.
Candidates are advised to apply only ‘online’ & requested to carefully go through the detailed advertisement in Bank’s website before applying online.
- WEBSITE LINK OPEN : FROM 15.03.2010 TO 10.04.2010
- DATE OF WRITTEN TEST : 30.05.2010
- Payment of fees at BOB Branches : FROM 15.03.2010 TO 10.04.2010
- Fees deposited after the last date i.e 10.04.2010 will not be entertained by the Bank.
Age (as on 01.01.2010) : Minimum – 21 years, Maximum – 30 years
HOW TO APPLY :-
- Candidates are required to apply On-Line through website www.bankofbaroda.com No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment project. Bank may send call letters for written test, interview etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/mention e-mail ID to/ of any other person.
- In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line.
- Applicants are first required to go to the Bank’s website ‘www.bankofbaroda.com’ and open the link “Recruitment”. Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification entitled “RECRUITMENT OF -1200- PROBATIONARY OFFICERS”.
- Take a Print of the entire Recruitment Notification, including the ‘FEES PAYMENT CHALLAN’.
- Fill in the Fee Payment Challan in a clear and legible handwriting in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Go to the nearest Bank of Baroda Branch with the Fee payment Challan duly filled in and pay, in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee in Account No.29040200000169 with Bandra Kurla Complex Branch in favour of “Bank of Baroda Recruitment of Probationary Officers Project 2010”. The amount of fee to be paid is indicated below : Amount of Fees/Postage (Non-refundable) : SC/ST/Persons With Disability (PC) : Rs. 50/- , GEN/OBC/Ex-Servicemen : Rs.300/-
- Obtain the Counterfoil (Applicant’s Copy) of the Fee Payment Challan duly received by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & Code Number, (b) Transaction ID, (c) Date of Deposit & amount filled by the Branch Official.
- Candidates are now ready to Apply On-Line by re-visiting the Recruitment page of the Bank’s website and going to the sublink titled “APPLY ONLINE for Recruitment of -1200- Probationary Officers”. Click on this sublink will open up the appropriate On-Line Application Format.
- Carefully fill in the necessary details from the Fee Payment Challan in the On-Line Application Form at the appropriate places and submit the same on line.
- Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan will have to be submitted with the Call Letter at the time of written test. Without counterfoil of the fee payment challan the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the written test. Candidates are therefore advised to keep 3 photocopies of the fee payment challan for future use.
- The name of the candidate or his/her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
EMOLUMENTS: Selected candidates will be on probation for a period of one year. They will draw salary in the scale of Rs.10000-470/6-12820-500/3-14320-560/7-18240 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I. They will also be eligible for DA, HRA, & CCA as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly emoluments of Junior Management Grade Scale I Officers, including DA, HRA, CCA, are approximately Rs. 18000/- in a Metropolitan Centre. (The scale of pay is under revision.)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND GENERAL INFORMATION:
A) QUALIFICATION: (AS ON 01.01.2010)
Degree in any discipline from a recognized University OR Any equivalent qualification recognized by Central Government. Should be computer literate (Proficient in MS-office, basic applications, internet usage.etc)
SELECTION PROCEDURE :-
Selection will be on the basis of performance in Written test and Interview. The details of Written Test and Interview are as under:
A) WRITTEN TEST: Eligible candidates will be required to appear for written test comprising (i) Objective Test on Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Socio-Economic & Banking Awareness, English and Marketing Aptitude.
Further details regarding the Written Test i.e. number of questions, duration etc, shall be advised along with the call letter.
The Bank reserves the right, if required to hold a second stage of written test on the basis of order of merit in the written examination of first stage, as referred above. If the second stage of written test is held, the subsequent process of interview and further process would be on the basis of order of merit of the second stage examination.
B) INTERVIEW - Those shortlisted candidates in the order of ranking in the written test as per the cut-off marks determined by the Bank shall be called for an interview and/or group discussion & the decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final.
CALL LETTERS FOR THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION:-
The date of the Written Examination is TENTATIVELY FIXED as 30.05.2010. However, it will be intimated in the Call Letter along with the Centre/Venue for the Examination, well in advance of the date of the Written Examination.
Call Letters for the Written Test will be sent by ORDINARY POST to the eligible candidates to the address given in the online application. An eligible candidate who does not receive the call letter by 22.05.2010 should contact the Offices at the address of the respective centres (details of which will be released in Bank’s website on 22.05.2010) between 24.05.2010 to 29.05.2010, furnishing his/her Name, Address, Registration Number & production of payment challan or download from Bank’s website.
Decision of the Bank in respect of all matters pertaining to this recruitment would be final and binding on all candidates.
(EM & HRM)
(Would be activated on 15.03.2010)