Karnataka Pre-University Education Department has published the 80 page PUC Admission Circular 2010. Mean while the Supplementary Exam Dates are also announced.
- Commencement of College from : 1-06-2010
- Dasara Vacations : 16-10-2010 to 30-10-2010
- Last Academic Working Day : 31-03-2011
The circular is issued to all PU colleges of Karnataka. It contains various guidelines, rules and regulations to be followed by these colleges. The dates of issue of applications. Last date for submission of applications etc. The circular is also available for public for reference. Download the detailed circular here.
It’s instructed that All Govt., Private PU colleges in Karnataka should follow the guidelines strictly. This guidelines will be applicable for all PU colleges in Karnataka.
Highlights of the circular :
- Seat Matrix should be displayed at college according to roaster before admission process starts
- Maximum number of Students admitted should not be more than 80.
- Application Fee should not be more than Rs.15/-
- Purchasing of College Brochure should be optional (it cannot not be made compulsory). THe same should be displayed in bold letters. There should be separate counter for selling of brochure.
- Students application details should be computerized. Acknowledgment should be provided for receipt of application.
- Merit wise list of applicants should be published after last day of receipt of application.
- The seats in Govt. Colleges should be allotted based on the merit and reservations.
- The seats in Private Colleges(Govt. Aided) should be allotted on the basis of 80:20. 80% according to Govt. Roaster i.e merit and reservations. 20% for management quota.
- Minority Institutions, SC/ST and unaided colleges should allot seats on the basis of 50 : 50. 50% for their community students. 50% according to Govt. Roaster i.e according to merit and reservations.
- The Fee collected from students should be published on the notice board.