Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct examination for recruitment of Constable (General Duty) in Central Police Organizations under Ministry of Home Affairs. Ministry of Home Affairs has intimated SSC about 49,070 tentative vacancies of Constables (General Duty) collectively, in BSF, CISF, CRPF and SSB for which written test will be held on 5.6.2011 for candidates qualifying in physical standard/physical efficiency test and about 5000 vacancies are tentatively available in ITBP and Assam Rifles for which written examination will be held on 1.5.2011.
Important Dates :
- Last Date to Apply : 4-03-2011
- Date of Written Exam : 01-05-2011
- Last Date to receive applications from far flung areas : 11-03-2011
Pay Scale : Rs.5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.2000/-.
Age limit : 18 - 23 years.
The Commission will publish respective notices in 5-11 February, 2011 Edition of Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar. The Candidates domiciled in a State / UT are only eligible for vacancies in respective States / UTs. Allocation to different CPOs in the case of common recruitment will be made on merit-cum-option basis. Candidates applying for vacancies in ITBP are required to send their application to Office of Dy. Director, Staff Selection Commission, North-Western Region, Chandigarh and those applying for vacancies in Assam Rifles are required to send their applications to Office of Regional Director, Staff Selection Commission, North-Eastern Region, Guwahati, Assam, irrespective of the Centre of the Written Examination selected by them. However, in case of Common Recruitment for BSF, CRPF, CISF and SSB, applications are to be sent by candidates to the respective Regional / Sub-Regional Offices of the Staff Selection Commission in whose jurisdiction the Centre of Written Examination falls. The candidates will have option to apply online (http://www.ssconline.nic.in) or submit paper application.
The following are major features of the Recruitment:-
- Vacancies have been allocated UT/State-wise in CPO to be filled by candidates domiciled in the State / UT.
- Separate vacancies have been reserved for Border Districts and Naxalite / Militancy affected areas in different States / UTs.
- Entire recruitment is scheduled to be completed in six months for Assam Rifles and ITBP and in nine months for other CPOs.
- The selection process will consist of Physical Standards Test (PST) / Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Written Examination for PST/PET qualified candidates and Medical Examination for candidates shortlisted on the basis of Written Examination.
- Vacancies are likely to increase and will be finalized before the Written Examination.
- The Written Examination will consist of Matriculation level questions on General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and Awareness, Elementary Mathematics and English or Hindi.
Detailed notice and application forms will be available from 5.2.2011 onwards.
More Details & Downloads :
Recruitment of Constables (GD) in BSF, CISF, CRPF and SSB, 2011
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE NOTICE
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FORM
- Click Here for Online Application (Direct Link)
Recruitment of Constables(GD) in ITBPF, 2011