NTPC Limited, India's largest power company with an installed capacity of 31,134 MW is presently operating 15 coal based, 7 gas based power stations and 4 joint ventures. NTPC contributed around 1/3rd of the country's entire power generation during the year 2008-09 and plans to become a 75,000 MW power company by 2017. NTPC has moved ahead by diversifying its portfolio to emerge as an integrated power major with presence across the entire energy value chain. NTPC has been allocated 6 coal mine blocks which are expected to produce 48 million tons per annum.
NTPC has been ranked No. 1 in 'Best Workplaces for Large Organizations' and eighth overall in 2008 by Great Places to Work in collaboration with the Economic Times. With its excellent practice in Human Capital Management, NTPC is the most admired organization in public sector. Powered by dynamic and dedicated workforce, NTPC has ambitious growth plans and to make it happen, NTPC is looking for promising, energetic young Graduate Engineers & Finance and HR professionals with brilliant academic record to join the organization as:
Important Dates :
- Online Application Process Commences from: 02.03.2010 (1:00 PM)
- Last Date for Filling Online Application : 22.03.2010 (12:00 Mid-Night).
- Last Date for Receipt of Registration Slip : 31.03.2010
- Date of All India Test : 02.05.2010 (Sunday).
- Mechanical (162)
- Electrical (110)
- Control & Instrumentation (58)
- Civil (48)
- Finance (40)
- Human Resource (20)
NTPC Ltd. offers one of the best pay packages in the industry. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500 at the basic pay of Rs. 24,900/- during one-year training. These candidates will be absorbed after successful completion of training as Engineer / Officer at a basic pay of Rs. 25,650/-.
Besides basic pay candidates will also be paid Dearness Allowance. They will also be entitled for other perquisites & allowances and benefits such as leave, medical treatment, Provident Fund, Gratuity, etc. as per company rules in force from time to time during training / after absorption.
a) Engineering Executive Trainees (EETs): Full time Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized Indian University/AMIE with not less than 65% marks, taking average of all the Semesters/Years, irrespective of the weight age given to any particular semester/year by the Institute/University. Final year/ semester students who expect their result by 01.08.2010 may also apply provided they have obtained at least 65% marks taking average upto pre-final examination. A candidate with the prescribed degree identified for the discipline as given below can only apply for the post of EETs in the respective disciplines:
b) Executive Trainees - Human Resource (ET-HR): Graduates with at least two years full time Post Graduate Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma / Post Graduate Program in Management with specialization in Human Resource / Industrial Relations / Personnel Management or Masters in Social Work or MHROD or MBA with specialization in HR from recognized Indian University/ Institutes recognized by appropriate statutory authority with not less than 65% marks taking average of all the Semesters/Years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/year by the Institute/ University. Final year / semester students who expect their result by 01.08.2010 may also apply provided they have obtained at least 65% marks taking average upto pre-final examination.
c) Executive Trainees - Finance (ET-Fin): CA / ICWA qualified, from institute recognized by appropriate statutory authority in India, are eligible to apply. Final year / semester students who expect their result by 01.08.2010 may also apply.
The All India Test is scheduled on 02.05.2010 (Sunday). The test can be taken in Hindi or English. Candidates will have to give their choice for appearing in Hindi or English at the time of applying for the post, which cannot be changed subsequently. The test will be in two parts. Part-I will consist of 55 multiple-choice questions of the relevant 6 disciplines as advertised. Part-II will consist of 35 multiple-choice questions on Executive Aptitude Test. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong / multiple answered questions. The test will be of two hour duration.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Eligible candidates have to apply through online registration system of NTPC only. To apply visit: www.ntpccareers.net with your valid E-mail ID. The site is functional from 1300 hours of 02.03.2010 to midnight of 22.03.2010.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC category are required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 500/-. The SC / ST / PWD category candidates need not pay the registration fee.
- State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the registration fee, in a specially opened account No. 30987919993 at CAG branch, New Delhi, on behalf of NTPC. Candidate has to approach the nearby SBI branch with a printout of the "pay-in-slip" which is available on the application registration portal. The pay-in-slip printed from the portal should only be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the money the bank will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the bank collecting the money. This journal number and the branch code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration. In case the candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account, NTPC will not be responsible. There will not be any other mode of money collection.
- After applying online, candidate is required to download the registration slip generated by the system with unique registration number.
- The candidate should send duly signed printout of registration slip after affixing the color photograph, attaching Caste / PH certificate (if applicable) and photocopy of the pay-in-slip in an envelop. Candidate can keep a copy of registration slip and pay-in-slip for his future reference.
- The candidate should write "ET-2010" & registration number on the top of the envelope and should send the envelop by ordinary post to: “HR Recruitment Group, NTPC Ltd., Post Box No.004, Head Post Office, Lodhi Road, New Delhi, Pin - 110003”
- Please note that the registration slip should reach NTPC on or before 31.03.2010.
More Details Visit : http://www.ntpccareers.net/