Orissa Public Service Commission invites Applications in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for Recruitment to the post of Lecturers in O.T.E. & T.S. Cadre (Group-B) under Industries Department. The posts are permanent.
Important Dates :
Last Date to Apply : 04.04.2011 by 4.00 P.M.
Pay Scale : Rs.9,300/-34,800/- carrying the Grade Pay of Rs.4,600/- with usual allowances
Age Limit : Should be under 32 years and above 21 years of age on the 1st August, 2010.
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of Rs.50/- (Rupees fifty) only either in shape of deposit of the amount in the Government Treasury under the Head “0051-P.S.C.-105-State P.S.C. Examination Fees”, or in the form of Crossed Indian Postal Order payable to the Secretary, Orissa Public Service Commission at General Post Office, Cuttack. or Account Payee Bank Draft/Pay Order drawn in favour of Secretary, Orissa Public Service Commission payable at any Scheduled Bank at Cuttack. Treasury Challan with wrong mention of Head of Account or wrong mention of designation of the authority in the I.P.O./Bank Draft/Pay Order shall not be accepted. The original Treasury Challan/Postal Order/Bank Draft/Pay Order, as the case may be, must be sent to the Commission along with the application. Neither claim for refund of fee will be entertained nor the fee will be held in reserve for any other recruitment/purpose. Applications not accompanied by the prescribed fee shall be summarily rejected. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes of Orissa only are exempted from payment of this fee.
How to Apply :
Availability of Application Form :
- Candidates are required to apply to the Secretary to the Commission for the prescribed Application Form, which along with other particulars can be obtainable either in person from the Office of the Orissa Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack- 753001 between 11.00 A.M. and 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. and 4.00 P.M. on any working day on cash payment of Rs.30/- (Rupees thirty) only or by Registered Post on remittance of Rs.70/- (Rupees seventy) only by Money Order. Full name and address of the candidate, Advertisement Number and name of the post/service advertised must be specified in the Money Order Coupon in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS.
- If Money-Order from any candidates, for supply of prescribed application forms, is not received in the office of the O.P.S.C. after the last date for receipt of application, no application form will be supplied to such candidates.
- The candidates may also download the prescribed application form and copy of long advertisement from the website of the O.P.S.C. i.e. http://opsc.nic.in. The U.R. & S.E.B.C. candidates downloading the application form will be required to pay Rs.80/- (Rs.30/- for prescribed application form + Rs.50/- towards Examination Fee) only in shape of Indian Postal Order/Bank Draft/Pay Order/Treasury Challan as provided under Paragraph-7 of the long advertisement at the time of submission of application form. The S.C./S.T. candidates downloading the prescribed application form will be required to pay Rs.30/- towards prescribed
application form only in shape of Indian Postal Order/Bank Draft/Pay Order/Treasury Challan, as the case may be, at the time of submission of application form. The S.C./S.T. candidates are, however, exempted from paying the Examination Fee.
Submission of applications :
Candidates are required to send their applications in prescribed form by Registered Post/Speed Post/Courier Service to the Secretary, O.P.S.C., 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001. Applications received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. The candidates may also submit their applications in closed covers in the office of Orissa Public Service Commission directly/personally on or before the last date of receipt of applications at the Counter. The closed envelope containing the application must be superscribed “Application for Lecturer in----------------------------------------(concerned subject)(O.T.E. & T.S. cadre)”. The candidates submitting their applications directly/ personally at the Counter of Orissa Public Service Commission will be given proper acknowledgement receipt.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATIONS :
On receipt of application form of a candidate, the acknowledgement card (Post Card in case of downloaded application form) submitted by him/her along with the application form, will be dispatched by the Commission’s Office to him/her. The mere fact that a candidate’s application has been acknowledged by the Commission does not mean that his/her candidature for the recruitment has been accepted by the Commission.
Candidates are required to submit along with their applications, true copies of the following documents duly attested by a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public or self certified. The candidates are also required to mention “submitted by me” on each document and put their full signature on the same. They must not attach to their applications the Original Certificates. Only those, who are called for the viva voce test will be required to bring with them the original certificates, mark-sheets etc. of the attested copies for verification at the time of Viva Voce.
If a candidate fails to furnish any of the original documents in respect of the attested copies submitted with the application for verification on the date of interview before the interview starts, he/she shall not be allowed to appear at the interview.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board/Council;
- P.U./P.P./Intermediate/+2 Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council;
- Degree Certificate issued by recognized University.
- Master’s Degree Certificate in the concerned discipline in respect of the educational qualification prescribed for the recruitment.
- Mark-lists in support of all the aforesaid Examinations passed (i.e. H.S.C. to Master’s Degree) including fail marks, if any, issued by the concerned Board/Council/University;
Mode of Selection :
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts will be made on the basis of career assessment and Viva Voce. The Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number, for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection either on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification or by conducting a preliminary written test.
More details & Downloads :