Indian Overseas Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with headquarters in Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad invites online applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of Probationary officers in Junior Management Grade Scale - I. IMPORTANT DATES :
- Opening date for online registration 08.02.2011
- Closing date for online registration 01.03.2011
- Payment of Application Fee/ Postage 08.02.2011 to 01.03.2011
- Tentative Date of Written Examination 22.05.2011 (Sunday)
Total No. of Vacancies : 1000 Posts
Educational Qualifications: (As on 01.01.2011):
- Graduation from a recognised university with minimum 60% Marks.(55% Marks For Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PC category)
- Computer literacy shall be an essential qualification, which the candidate must either possess before or acquire within six months of joining the Bank.
- Diploma in Banking & Finance (DBF) from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is a desirable qualification besides the above entry level qualification.
AGE: (As on 01.01.2011): Minimum: 21 Years and Maximum: 30 Years
Application fee :
- For SC/ST/ Physically Challenged - Rs 50/ (For Postage)
- For all others (including OBC) - Rs.400/- (350+50 For Postage)
Pay Scale : Rs.14500 – 600/7-18700-700/2-20100-800/7-25700 plus DA, HRA, CCA
A. Written Examination : The Written Examination will comprise of Objective Test and Descriptive Test details of which is furnished hereunder:
a) Objective Test : Objective Test consisting of Test of Reasoning , Test of English Language, Test of Quantitative Aptitude, Test of General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry, Test of Computer Knowledge (250 Questions carrying total weightage of 225 with total time duration of 150 minutes).
Details : Total 250 Questions
- Test of Reasoning - 50 Questions
- Test of English Language - 50 Questions
- Test of Quantitative Aptitude - 50 Questions
- Test of General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry - 50 Questions
- Test of Computer Knowledge - 50 Questions
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the objective tests which will result in negative marks for every wrong answer @ one-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question. If the total of the penalty for a test is in fraction, the marks obtained will be rounded off to the nearest integer.
b) Descriptive Test : Descriptive paper on English Composition will comprise 3 compulsory questions (Essay, précis writing, letter writing etc,). The Descriptive Test carries total marks of 50 and weightage for the same will be 25. Time duration -One hour.
The question paper for above test both Objective and Descriptive except the Test of English Language and Descriptive Paper will be printed bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
Bank will decide the minimum cut-off marks for each test as well as Total Weightage Marks .Depending on the number of number of vacancies, such of those candidates who rank sufficiently high in the order of merit in the written test as per the cut off marks decided by the Bank will only be called for the interview.
B. Interview: The Interview will carry 50 Marks. Minimum qualifying marks in the interview will be 22.50 marks for General Category and 20.00 marks for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged Candidates. Final selection will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination & Interview and will be strictly according to the merit ranking.
RECRUITMENT OF 1000 PROBATIONARY OFFICERS IN JMGS-I