www.iob.in 1100 Clerks Recruitment Indian Overseas Bank Online Application Bank Challan Exam Pattern Selection Procedure
Indian Overseas Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with headquarters in Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad invites Online applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of 1100 clerks for it’s branches across India. The details of the recruitment notification is as follows. Important Dates :
- Date of Commencement of Application : 04/03/2011
- Date of Closure : 25/03/2011
- Start Date for Fee deposit : 04/03/2011
- Last Date for Fee deposit : 25/03/2011
- Last Date for Reprint : 10/04/2011
- Tentative Date of Written Examination 29.05.2011 (Sunday)
Educational Qualifications: (As on 01.01.2011):
- A Pass with 65% marks (60% for SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen) in HSC of 10 + 2 (10+2+3) pattern or Intermediate / Pre-University or any equivalent examination recognized by Central / State Government or U.T. Administration.
- A pass with 60% marks Diploma in Banking (55% for SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen) recognized by Central / State Government or U.T. Administration.
- A degree with a minimum of 50% of marks (45% for SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen) in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Govt.
AGE: (As on 01.01.2011): Minimum: 18 Years, Maximum: 28 Years
How to apply :
Search & Buy books at Flipkart.com and get special discounts.
Application fee : Application Fee has to be paid in cash only at any Branch of Indian Overseas Bank before applying online.
(a) For SC/ST/ Physically Challenged/ Ex-Servicemen - Rs 50/ (For Postage)
(b) For all others (including OBC) - Rs.250/- (200+50 For Postage)
Pay Scale : Rs. 7200 --- Rs. 19300 plus DA, HRA, etc. will be paid as per Bank’s rules in force from time to time depending upon the place of posting.
IOB Clerks Recruitment Exam Selection Process
A. Written Examination
Selection will be made on the basis of performance in Written Examination and Interview. Details of Written Examination and Interview are as under:
Objective Tests - The Objective Tests consists of (i) Test of Reasoning (ii) Test of English Language (iii) Test of Numerical Ability (iv)
Test of General Awareness with special reference to Banking industry (v) Test of Computer knowledge. (250 Questions carrying total weightage of 250 with total time duration of 150 minutes).
- Test of Reasoning - 50 Questions
- Test of English Language - 50 Questions
- Test of Numerical Ability - 50 Questions
- Test of General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry - 50 Questions
- Test of Computer Knowledge - 50 Questions
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the objective tests which will result in negative marks for every wrong answer @ one-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question. If the total of the penalty for a test is in fraction, the marks obtained will be rounded off to the nearest integer.
B. Interview :
The Interview will carry 50 Marks. Minimum qualifying marks in the interview will be 22.50 marks for General Category and 20.00 marks for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged/ Ex-servicemen Candidates.
Final selection will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination & Interview and will be strictly according to the merit ranking.