POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic persons to join its fold as EXECUTIVE TRAINEE in the disciplines of Electrical & Finance.
ON LINE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION WILL COMMENCE FROM 13-Feb-2010
Important Dates :
- Date of Commencement of online submission of Application 13.02.2010
- Date of Closing of online submission of Application 25.02.2010
- Last date of receipt of Hard copy of Application along with enclosures 12.03.2010 by ordinary post from candidates
- Date of commencement of downloading Admit Card 01.04.2010
- Date of Written Test 18.04.2010
Age Limit : 28 years as on 25.02.2010
Academic Qualification :
Executive Trainee (Electrical)
- Full time B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg.) / BE (Power Engg.) / AMIE in Electrical Discipline from recognized University/Institute with a minimum 65% marks.
- Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 31.07.2010 can also apply, provided they have obtained 65% marks in engineering discipline in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
- Candidates with AMIE qualification may apply only if they have cleared
both Section A and B with not less than 65% marks.
Executive Trainee (Finance)
- CA/ICWA from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India.
Selection Process :
The Selection Process consists of Written Test, Group Discussion & Interview.
Eligible candidates will have to appear for the Written Test.
Written Test shall be of Objective Type of two hours duration consisting of two parts –
1. Part-I consists of Technical Knowledge Test (TKT) with 120 questions having specific questions in your discipline. e.g – If the candidate has applied for ET – Electrical then questions shall be in electrical discipline.
2. Part-II consists of Executive Aptitude Test (EAT) with 50 questions on vocabulary, verbal comprehension, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, ability to determine data sufficiency interpretation of graphs/charts/tables, numerical ability etc.
3. All questions carry equal marks. Wrong and multiple answers would result in negative marks of 1/4.
How to Apply :
1. Interested eligible candidates should apply ON LINE only. Any other mode of submission of
application would not be accepted.
2. An application fee of Rs. 400/- is payable by candidates belonging to General and OBC (NCL) category through a non-refundable Demand Draft obtained from STATE BANK OF INDIA
only, drawn in favour of ‘Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.’ payable at New Delhi.
3. General and OBC candidates should procure Demand Draft of requisite value before attempting to apply on line.
4. On submission of valid application, the system will generate ‘Resume’ with Registration number, which has to be downloaded, signed, photograph affixed and sent through ordinary post at the following address
The Advertiser (PG)
Post Bag No. 9248
Krishna Nagar Head Post Office,
New Delhi – 110051
along with Demand Draft / Caste certificate / Age relaxation cum Domicile certificate / Discharge certificate/ Disability Certificate in an envelope super scribed : Application for the post of Executive Trainee (Discipline) _______________________ so as to reach latest by the Last Date of receipt of Hard Copy of the Resume given below.
5. Departmental Candidates of POWERGRID will have to forward the Hard copy of the Resume
through their HR Department without which the candidature will not be considered.
6. Candidates working in Govt. / PSU are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview.
7. All Candidates are requested to ensure that the Hard Copy of the Resume generated after submission of online Application along with enclosures is sent by Ordinary Post and NOT by any other means like Courier, Speed Post etc, since the Resume is being received in a Post Bag where only Ordinary Post is accepted.
8. Candidates should submit only single application and application once submitted cannot be
altered. A valid e-mail ID is essential for submission of the online application. POWERGRID will not be responsible for bouncing of any e-mail sent to the candidates.
9. Candidates should write their Name, Registration No., Post Applied for on the reverse of the bank draft.
10. All information regarding this recruitment process would be made available in the career section of POWERGRID website only. Applicants are advised to check the web site periodically through the Candidate Login.
11. Candidates are advised to make a note of their e-mail ID as entered at the time of on-line
submission of in the application form and Registration Number generated at the top right hand
corner of the ‘Resume’. These would be required for accessing information during the later stage of the recruitment process made available through Candidate Login.