Osmania University, Andhra Pradesh conducts OU PGCET – 2011 for getting admissions into various PG courses (Listed Below) in Osmania University, Telangana University, Mahatma Gandhi University & Palamuru University.
Osmania University invites Applications in the prescribed form for the P.G. Common Entrance Test & Admission into various P.G. and P.G. Diploma Courses offered by Osmania University (in its constituent and affiliated colleges), Telangana, Mahatma Gandhi and Palamuru Universities for the academic year 2011-2012. IMPORTANT DATES :
- Sale of Applications: from 06.04.2011 to 21.05.2011
- Last date(s) for submission of filled in applications:
- Without late fee : 07.05.2011 by 4 pm.
- With a late fee of Rs. 200/- : 13.05.2011 by 4 pm.
- With a late fee of Rs. 400/- : 21.05.2011 by 4 pm.
PG Courses Offered by Osmania University:
- M.A. in AIHCA, Arabic, Economics, English, Hindi, History, Islamic Studies, Kannada, Linguistics, Marathi, Persian, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sanskrit, Sociology, Tamil, Telugu, Theatre Arts and Urdu;
- M.Sc. in Applied Geochemistry, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Genetics, Geography, Geoinformatics, Geology, Computational Geophysics, Geophysics, Mathematics, Microbiology, Nutrition & Dietetics, Physics, Nanoscience, Statistics and Zoology;
- M.C.J.(1 year course), M.C.J.(2 years course),
- M.Com., M.Com.(I.S.),
- M.F.C and
- P.G. Diploma Courses in PG Diploma in Digital Information Management, Applied Linguistics, Archival Science and Manuscriptology, Child Psychology, Functional Hindi and Translation, Taxation, Geographical Cartography, Management of International Business, Museology, Urdu Paleography, Psychological Counseling and Advanced PG Diploma in Bio-Statistics.
PG Courses Offered by Telangana University:
- M.A. in English, Hindi, Telugu Studies, Urdu and Mass Communication;
- M.Sc. in Applied Statistics, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Geoinformatics and Physics;
- M.S.W. and M.Com.(e-Commerce).
PG Courses Offered by Mahatma Gandhi University:
- M.A. in English Literature and Applied Economics;
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry and Mathematics;
PG Courses Offered by Palamuru University:
- M.A. in English and Political Science;
- M.Sc. in Chemistry, Mathematics and Microbiology;
- M.S.W. and
The eligibility criteria and other rules and regulations are given in the Information Brochure.
Candidates appearing for the final year of the qualifying examination during 2010-2011 are
also eligible to apply. 5% Supernumerary seats in each course in University constituent
colleges are available to the candidates from outside Andhra Pradesh under National
Integration Quota (NIQ).
Application form along with the Information Brochure can be obtained from i) Osmania University Press, Hyderabad ii) University College for Women, Koti, Hyderabad iii) Nizam College, Basheerbagh, Hyderabad iv) PG College, Opp. Fire Station, Near Parade Ground, Secunderabad v) The Principal, University College. Telangana University, Dichpally, Nizamabad vi) The Principal, University College, M.G.University, Panagal, Nalgonda and vii) The Registrar, Palamuru University, Opp. Police Head Quarters, Mahabubnagar on payment of Rs.100/- in cash (candidates can register upto four subjects in one application).
Note: Applications can also be obtained by post from the Director, Publications & Press, Osmania University, Hyderabad – 500 007 by sending a Demand Draft for Rs. 100/- in favour of “the Director, Publications & Press, O. U.” payable at Hyderabad along with a self-addressed envelope (size 10” x 14”) with postal stamps worth Rs. 57/- affixed.
Filled in application along with a demand draft (drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of “The Director, Directorate of Admissions, Osmania University” payable at Hyderabad) for requisite registration fee should reach the Director, Directorate of Admissions, Near University Press, Osmania University, Hyderabad-500609 on or before the dates mentioned above. The registration fee details are given in Information Brochure. The application form along with ICR summary sheet and Information Brochure is also available on O.U. website www.osmania.ac.in/admissions. Candidates can download a copy of application form & ICR sheet and apply to The Director, Directorate of Admissions, O.U with a DD for Rs.300/- per subject plus late fee, if any, on or before the last dates mentioned above.