- Last date for receipt of applications : 15-03-2011 Time : 5.45 P.M.
- Last Date to Apply Online : 5.45.p.m on 13-03-2011
- Date of Written Examination :
- Law Paper – I : 23-07-2011 (10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.)
- Law Paper – II : 23-07-2011 (2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.)
- Law Paper – III : 24-07-2011 (10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.)
- Law Paper – IV : 24-07-2011 (2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.)
SCALE OF PAY:- Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs.5400/- (PB3)
AGE (as on 01.07.2011) : Maximum Age Limit: Below 34 years.
No. of Vacancies : 83 Posts.
Educational Qualification :
B.L. Degree of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants
Commission for the purpose of its grant.
Must be a Member of the Bar and must have had active practice in Criminal Courts
for a period of not less than 5 years.
EXAMINATION FEE:- Rs.125/- (Rupees One Hundred and twenty five only) Examination fees should be paid only through any one of the post offices listed in Detailed Advertisement. Candidates (other than those who apply Online) should inform their OMR application Number to the Counter Clerk of the Post Office for obtaining the Postal Receipt.
ENCLOSURES TO BE SENT ALONG WITH APPLICATION:-
Candidates, in support of their claim, should enclose attested copies of certificates (including evidence for S.S.LC, H.SC, U.G.Degree possessed by them and also evidence for Tamil Medium from the Institution where they have studied the prescribed qualifications) as mentioned in para 15 of the Commission’s 'Instructions, etc. to candidates' and item 26 under part–II of Information Brochure along with a Postal Receipt to the value of Rs.125/- (Rupees One Hundred and twenty five only) pasted in the column provided in the application, unless exemption of fee is claimed. Information relating to debarment by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalised should be furnished along with this application. Original Certificates (except certificate of active practice) should not be sent.
The candidate should send specifically the copies of the following certificates:
- Enrollment Certificate issued by the Bar Council.
- Original certificate of active practice obtained from a Senior Advocate or from a Judicial Magistrate in support of his/her claim regarding the period of active practice in Criminal
Availability of Application Forms: -
OMR application form along with an Information Brochure, ‘Instructions, etc., to candidates'
and an envelope for sending application can be obtained from any one of the selected POST OFFICES (285 Nos.) in Tamil Nadu (including Alagappapuram - Sivaganga) / Puducherry on payment of Rs. 30/-.
OMR application forms can also be obtained in person from the sales counter of the office of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, No.1, Greams Road, Commercial Tax Annexe Building, Chennai-600 006, on all the working days till the closing date upto 5.00 p.m. (excluding lunch interval between 1.30 and 2.00 p.m.) on cash payment of Rs.30/-. Application forms will not be supplied to the candidates by Post.
Candidates can also avail of the facility of applying Online on the Commission’s Website.
Candidates applying Online should possess and keep ready Postal Receipt for Rs.155/- (i.e. Application fee Rs.30/- and Examination fee Rs. 125/-) and Candidates claiming fee exemption should possess and keep ready Postal Receipt for Rs.30/- towards the application fee before registering Online. The Postal Receipt obtained for the payment of Application Fee/ Examination Fee should be pasted in the space provided in the application form. Candidates applying Online should send the applications (i.e. The printout generated from the website and signed by the candidate) with the Postal Receipt along with attested copies of required Certificates and original active practice certificate so as to reach the Commission’s office on or before the last date for receipt of applications.
- RECEIPT OF APPLICATION :-
- (A) Candidates are advised to verify the following aspects also before sending their filled in OMR applications to the Commission’s office:
- Signature by the candidate below the declaration made in ballpoint pen or fountain pen only. Failure to sign will entail rejection of his/her application.
- Columns 1, 1(a), 3 and 4 in the OMR application form to be filled up based on the
details available in this Notification/ Advertisement.
- Candidate should fill up column 23, 23(a), and 23(c) of the OMR application
compulsorily. If yes, full details should be enclosed in a separate paper.
- (B) Filled in applications must be sent to the Controller of Examinations, Tamil Nadu
Public Service Commission, No.1 Greams Road, Commercial Taxes Annexe
Building, Chennai – 600 006 well in advance so as to reach the Commission’s Office
before 5.45 p.m. on 15-03-2011.
More Details & Downloads :